Tree Branch set Tips;
The right area for your sets
- Find a natural branch that’s on average 5 1/2 – 6′ high, then using gloves crack and bend down the last 10 to 18″ of the branch. (Note, in southern states you many need to start with 5′ high limbs for does to reach with ease)
- Live Licking branches are a visual stimulus first to deer, so making it the most visually dominant branch in the area will only help. Sometimes that means trimming back other nearby branches.
- Place both Interior and/or field edge sets in proximity to a main trail or crossing trail intersections, generally within 1 to 5 yards.
- It’s also key to note that the vast majority of licking branches are started by local does and their visitations help attract those bucks.
Set up your trail cams with your sets
- Get ready, if you have whitetail in the area, our LimbSTARTER will keep your trail cam very busy this season..!
- Keep your trail cams away from facing east or west because of the sun’s morning and evening angles.
Use our LimbSTARTER™ scent to jump start the limbs use.
- Reapply the attractant scent about as often as you check your trail cam photos, yet no more than once a week.
- Do not use a urine based scent on the limb, they are unnatural on limbs and create unwanted bacteria buildup.
When to Start
- Good rule of thumb, start your sets late summer to early fall so the site has time to mature and become “their Social Network”.
- Once the leaves fall off the trees you can virtually stop applying LimbSTARTER once natural scrapes develop.