Lick’N Branch™ set Tips
The right area for your sets
- Live Licking branches are a visual stimulus first to deer, so making it the most visually dominant branch in the area will only help.
- Place both Interior and/or field edge sets in proximity to a main trail or crossing trail intersections..
Set up your trail cams with your sets
- Great for taking “inventory” of what deer are coming into your area and when.
- Keep your trail cams away from facing east or west because of the sun’s angles.
Use our LimbSTARTER™ scent (included) or an attractant type scent to jump start the limbs use.
- Do not use a urine based scent on the limb, they are unnatural on limbs and create unwanted bacteria buildup.
- Reapply the attractant scent about as often as you check your trail cam photos.
When to Start
- Licking branches are often times a year round communication tool for whitetail so it’s seldom too early or late.
- Good rule of thumb, start your sets late summer to early fall so the site has time to mature and become “their Social Network”